This site offers free pub quiz questions and cryptic crosswords for anyone to use and (hopefully) enjoy. To get started, click one of the links below or scroll down for the most recently added quizzes and crosswords. If you're looking for something a bit different to your standard pub quiz questions try the Link Rounds, … Continue reading Welcome to JP’s quizzes and crosswords
1. Who recorded the song “Where the streets have no name”? 2. Who discovered the rings of Saturn? 3. What 1951 John Huston film also starred Katharine Hepburn and was the film for which Humphrey Bogart won his only Oscar? 4. What sport is associated with Muirfield? 5. Which major investment bank has been led by … Continue reading General Knowledge: 10 questions
1. Which Finance minister and former Prime Minister was assassinated in his house in Akasaka in the February 26th incident of 1936?
2.The Occupation Period ended in 1952, but when was Okinawa restored to Japanese sovereignty?
1. Where were the 2002 Winter Olympics held?
2. How is the Latin phrase "Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes", from Vergil's Aeneid, usually (if inaccurately) translated into English?
Note: This quiz would be reasonably difficult for most Japanese people
1. What is the largest city by population on the Noto Peninsula?
2. To the nearest hundred, how many kilometres is it from South Korea to Japan at the Korea Strait
1. Which 1999 film starred Tom Cruise, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Julianne Moore, among many other well-known actors, as characters with interwoven stories trying to find happiness in California?
2. Who was the only person to win two Best Actor Oscars in the 1990s?
1. Which palace in south-east London is unusual in having an art-deco residence attached to a partially restored Tudor palace once used for hunting by Henry VIII?
2. Which house on the Strand was originally built by the first Protector of the infant king Edward VI, and later rebuilt in the 18th century when it went on to house various government departments including the Navy Office, the Inland Revenue and the Registry of Births, Marriages and Deaths?
1. Which children's characters were created by Finnish artist Tove Jansson, partly based on her experience of summer holidays on the island of Borga, near Helsinki?
2. Which Belgian cyclist, widely considered one of the most successful road racers of all time, was nicknamed "The Cannibal" for his ruthless will to win?