1. Which novel by Max Brooks gives eyewitness accounts of a zombie apocalypse?
2. Which planet do the alien attackers come from in H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds?
1. The terrifying 1984 TV film Threads portrays the aftermath of a nuclear attack on which English city?
2. In The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, what is the name of the alien race which destroys the Earth to make way for a hyperspace bypass?
1. 1703: F of SP by P the G
2. 1714: D of QA
1. 43 – RI of B
2. 106 – D (modern R) becomes part of the RE
1. 1605: P of DQ by M de C
2. 1611: P of the KJB
Name the city and the two football teams based there from the initials. For example, WHU, A (L) would be West Ham United, Arsenal (London). Where both teams in the question have the name of the city in their team name, the initial for the city has been removed. So, for example, U, W (S) would be United, Wednesday (Sheffield). No country is represented more than once, and all continents except Australia are represented.
1. RP, BJ (BA)
2. R, C (G)
Name the country, capital, major river flowing through the capital city, and currency, from the initials given. For example, UK, L, T, P would be United Kingdom, London, Thames, Pound. No rivers or currencies are repeated.
1. P, L, T, E
2. R, M, M, R
1. How much will it cost you in Monopoly if you land on Mayfair with a hotel?
2. What is the name of the famous Singapore hotel which supposedly invented the Singapore Sling?
1. Which band of the 1990s missed you "like the deserts miss the rain"?
2. Which desert of Northern Chile is often considered to be the driest in the world, with some parts having had no rain for at least 400 years.
1. GW off K by KH
2. The G of ED by HB