1. Which novel by Max Brooks gives eyewitness accounts of a zombie apocalypse?
2. Which planet do the alien attackers come from in H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds?
1. GW off K by KH
2. The G of ED by HB
Give the title of the book, and the author and the book title (in that order, in brackets) from the initials
1. It was the B of T, it was the W of T (CD, a T of 2C)
2. It was a P to B (RB, F 451)
1. What is the name of the computer that, in the UK, traditionally picks winning Premium Bonds?
2. It is well-known that the computer in the book and film 2001: A Space Odyssey is called Hal. But what model number comes after Hal's name?
1. On what day of the week did the very hungry caterpillar eat only one nice leaf?
2. What creature uses his wits to avoid being eaten by the Gruffalo in Julia Donaldson's children's book of the same name?
1. Which country is known in its own language as Suomi?
2. Which Shakespeare play does Iago appear in?
1. Which French artist is famous for his paintings of Tahiti and other Polynesian islands, where he also died in 1903 aged 54?
2. Which book introduced the phrases “Room 101” and “Big Brother” to the English language?
1. Which building, now the administrative centre of University College London but then a part of the Ministry of Information, was the model for the Ministry of Truth in George Orwell’s 1948 novel Nineteen Eighty-Four?
2. In which classic work of English literature do the main characters set out on a journey beginning from the Tabard Inn in Southwark?
1. What European language is the national language of Equatorial Guinea? It is the only country in Africa to have this language as its main language.
2. Which Ancient Greek playwright wrote plays called The Birds, The Clouds and The Assemblywomen?
1. Which literary villain perished at the Reichenbach falls in a novel of 1893?
2. In George Orwell’s Animal Farm, what kind of animal is Boxer, sent to be slaughtered in exchange for a case of whiskey after he defends the exiled pig Snowball’s reputation?