Hello everyone, the usual mix of fiendish and impossible questions below, for a total of 150 points (I guess people might have a bit more free time than normal and so need a good long quiz). I will upload the answers here in the New Year. Good luck! Round 1: Link Round (10 points) A … Continue reading Christmas Quiz 2020
1. What is the name of the current President of Brazil, recently struck down by Coronavirus after failing to do anything to stop its spread in his country?
2. If an animal is crepuscular, at what time of day is it most active?
Give the surname of the famous Dave or David from the description
1. Director of the films Blue Velvet, Mulholland Drive and Dune
2. Spanish footballer with the most international goals for Spain, at 59 from 98 appearances.
1. What name links a washing detergent, a Shakespeare character and a Disney character?
2. Who fought in the Rumble in the Jungle?
Answers below to the quarantine quiz. Do let me know your scores in the comments if you want to find out how you did compared to others - current leading score is 82.5/100, though that was by quite a large team! Round 1 - General knowledge (12 points) In a sporting sense, how many points … Continue reading Quarantine quiz: Answers
1. What chemical element has the symbol Au?
2. In Stephen King’s novel It, and the film of the same name, what kind of creature is Pennywise?
1. In terms of units sold, what 1980s video game is the best-selling video game of all time? (excluding mobile phone games)
2. In which Spanish city would you find the Alhambra palace?
1. If you go due south from central Detroit, what is the first country you come to?
2. Which classic 1991 song begins with the lines "Look into my eyes, you will find, what you mean to me"?
1. Who recorded the song “Where the streets have no name”?
2. Who discovered the rings of Saturn?
1. Where were the 2002 Winter Olympics held?
2. How is the Latin phrase "Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes", from Vergil's Aeneid, usually (if inaccurately) translated into English?