1. If you ranked the continents by height of their highest mountain, which continent would come second?
2. What is the capital of Pakistan?
1. Of the 14 countries which border Russia, which country has the shortest border at just 17 miles?
2. What is the most southerly capital city in the world?
Note: This quiz would be reasonably difficult for most Japanese people
1. What is the largest city by population on the Noto Peninsula?
2. To the nearest hundred, how many kilometres is it from South Korea to Japan at the Korea Strait
1. Which palace in south-east London is unusual in having an art-deco residence attached to a partially restored Tudor palace once used for hunting by Henry VIII?
2. Which house on the Strand was originally built by the first Protector of the infant king Edward VI, and later rebuilt in the 18th century when it went on to house various government departments including the Navy Office, the Inland Revenue and the Registry of Births, Marriages and Deaths?
Name the country from the second largest city and the words "thank you very much" in the most widely spoken official language of that country.
1. Medellin, muchas gracias
2. Spanish Town, thank you very much
1. Slieve Donard is the highest mountain in which member country of the United Kingdom?
2. Is the highest point in Wales higher or lower than the highest point in England?
1. Which four countries are home to mountains of over 8,000 metres?
2. In which country is the world’s highest railway line?