1. Which country was the start-up hotel company OYO founded in?
2. Jack Welch was the famous CEO of which company from 1981 to 2001?
Each question has two parts. The second part is the first part with the first letter removed.
Example: US President and a type of steak = Trump/rump
1. A military duke and a jazzy duke
Give the surname of the famous Dave or David from the description
1. Director of the films Blue Velvet, Mulholland Drive and Dune
2. Spanish footballer with the most international goals for Spain, at 59 from 98 appearances.
I've written a new book: The Little European Quiz Book. It's available here. It's got 10 questions on each of the 27 countries of the EU, and a few bonus rounds, making 300 questions. There's also a short essay giving my favourite fact about each country in addition to the questions; for example, did you … Continue reading New book: The Little European Quiz Book
1. Which ship, driven aground just off the coast of Australia in 1628, then witnessed a mutiny leading to the massacre of around 110 of the crew and passengers? The ship was named after the capital of the Dutch East Indies.
2. Which shipwreck was raised from the Solent in 1981, some 436 years after sinking in a battle with a French invasion fleet?
Each of the below items is a hint to the name of a square on the standard London Monopoly board (for example, "famous for its prison" would be Pentonville Road).
Answers below to the quarantine quiz. Do let me know your scores in the comments if you want to find out how you did compared to others - current leading score is 82.5/100, though that was by quite a large team! Round 1 - General knowledge (12 points) In a sporting sense, how many points … Continue reading Quarantine quiz: Answers