1. Which famous South Bank landmark was designed by the Marks Barfield partnership?
2. Which London landmark is located near Pudding Lane, and in 1830 had words removed from its inscription blaming Catholics for an unfortunate event?
1. Which non-European language is Maltese related to?
2. The entire island of Malta was awarded which military decoration for its fortitude during World War II?
1. Which Belgian artist painted the surrealist work Son of Man?
2. Which Belgian cyclist, nicknamed The Cannibal, won 5 Tours de France in his illustrious career?
1. What is the name of the two Spanish autonomous communities located in North Africa?
2. Which city in southern Spain is famous for its orange trees, from which 4 million kilos of oranges are harvested each year?
This is usually a Christmas event, but it seems the need for a quiz is even greater now than it will be at Christmas, so here goes. One point per answer unless otherwise noted. I'll upload the answers in a few weeks. Round 1 - General knowledge (12 points) In a sporting sense, how … Continue reading Quarantine Quiz
1. Which children's characters were created by Finnish artist Tove Jansson, partly based on her experience of summer holidays on the island of Borga, near Helsinki?
2. Which Belgian cyclist, widely considered one of the most successful road racers of all time, was nicknamed "The Cannibal" for his ruthless will to win?
Note: This quiz was written for a pub quiz conducted in Japan, and may be very difficult for anyone without a particular interest in Japan.
1. In Japanese history, which era comes between the Asuka Era and the Heian Era?
2. Which station, chiefly famous for its nearby love hotel district, lies between Ueno and Nippori on the Yamanote line?