Answers below to the quarantine quiz. Do let me know your scores in the comments if you want to find out how you did compared to others - current leading score is 82.5/100, though that was by quite a large team! Round 1 - General knowledge (12 points) In a sporting sense, how many points … Continue reading Quarantine quiz: Answers
1. What chemical element has the symbol Au?
2. In Stephen King’s novel It, and the film of the same name, what kind of creature is Pennywise?
This is usually a Christmas event, but it seems the need for a quiz is even greater now than it will be at Christmas, so here goes. One point per answer unless otherwise noted. I'll upload the answers in a few weeks. Round 1 - General knowledge (12 points) In a sporting sense, how … Continue reading Quarantine Quiz
1. Where were the 2002 Winter Olympics held?
2. How is the Latin phrase "Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes", from Vergil's Aeneid, usually (if inaccurately) translated into English?
Answers to the Christmas quiz below - please feel free to report your scores in the comments if you are of a competitive bent, and let me know if you disagree with any of the answers.
1. Which band was Chester Bennington the lead singer of until his suicide in 2017?
2. Which fictional character’s Expedition provided the title for the last and best-known novel by Tobias Smollett, published in 1771?
1. Which US President once caused a diplomatic crisis when, testing a microphone and assuming no-one was recording, said;
"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."
2. What is the real name of the Duchess of Sussex?